Use your imagination to bring your scarecrow to life using old clothes, unused household items, and natural materials. Then, bring your creation to City Hall to be displayed for the community from October 16th thru November 17th.
Please read the rules and regulations below. Then, sign and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval before displaying your entry.
Participants are responsible for collecting their scarecrows by end of day November 17th.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
The construction of the scarecrows must be durable, and all ornamentation securely attached as they may be subjected to severe wind/rain. No perishable goods may be used in the construction of the display. City of Collegedale Parks and Recreation reserves the right to remove any scarecrow that does not hold up to natural elements.
- Parks and Recreation will supply posts in the ground to secure your scarecrow.
- Participants are responsible for supplying all other materials.
- Absolutely NO staking or placing anything for your scarecrow display in the ground.
- Participants should bring a method for attaching the scarecrow, such as clamps, zip-ties, wire, or rope.
- Participants are responsible for the installation and removal their scarecrows.
- Maximum height of 6 feet. Maximum circumference area 4 feet.
- Participants must bring their Scarecrow fully assembled on-site.
- Participants are responsible for clean-up around their post after posting their Scarecrow.
- Neither the City of Collegedale nor Collegedale Parks and Recreation will be held responsible for any injury or damage associated with the 2023 Scarecrow Contest.